We were on spring holiday last week so we did not get the last challenge done. This week we will be working with images on our blogs. We usually use FlickrCC to get our images, but we are excited to try out some new sources of images. The first part of our challenge this week is to read the posts below and learn more about copyright and web images:
Part two of our challenge will be to visit these sites below and test them out. How well do they comparre to FlickrCC?
write a post about your favorite color using at leaast three CC images, or
use one of these sites to create your own image and write a post about it,
or from the Challenge site . . .
From Bill Ferreirae – I sometime find a picture and tell students to use that picture to come up with a story. It can be about the picture, what happened before, what will happen next, etc. So, at the top of this post is the image I have chosen for you to start with. Copy the image to your post, then write the story. Remember to give attribution. If you don’t have your own blog, tell your story in a comment here.
Finally, make sure your blog is ready for a game challenge coming up soon. In order to play, you must have the following completed on your blog:
- a blog avatar and a user avatar
- an ‘about me’ PAGE not post
- a clustrmap or flag counter widget
- at least three interesting posts – could be topics of your choice not necessarily from the challenge
- your ‘Recent Comments’ widget on the sidebar with 10 comments as the choice
- your ‘Recent Posts’ widget on the sidebar with 10 posts as the choice
- Your ‘Pages’ widget on the sidebar
- at least 10 student and/or classes linked on your blogroll
- at least three overseas blogs on your blogroll